Friday, May 22, 2009

26.2

I have the best and most supportive husband in the whole world. Brian helped me with my training, allowing me to take time to run my long runs, he even road his bike along giving me water and food! He was so excited for me to reach my goal of finishing the marathon. He bought me the coolest running outfit for mother's day to wear in the marathon. He was all over the course, cheering me on at mile 11, 13, 23, and the Finish Line! 
I LOVE YOU BRIAN!!!
   SWEATY, TIRED, AND SO GLAD TO BE DONE!
Mile 23, one step in front of the other is what I am thinking.
Mile 13, I am actually smiling right now, I was feeling pretty good.
The marathon was a great experience and I am so glad that I did it. My goal was 3 hours and 45 minutes, and I ran it in 3 hours and 42 minutes, goal accomplished! So I am happy to say this was my first and last marathon!

8 comments:

Team Tingey said...

Way to go Leah!!! And way to go Brian for being so supportive and helping Leah achieve her goal. You say it is your last but I bet you will do another one someday. Well...c-ya later!

katester said...

You are crazy! but I must admit it would be an amazing accomplishment to finish a marathon and in goal time. Congrats! Love the new hair by the way, way good look on you.

Nikki said...

so proud of ya! Wish I could have been there to cheer ya on. Looks like we're coming up for Max's blessing so it will be fun to see ya, we miss ya and love ya!

Tori said...

Congratulations Leah! You stuck with the training and ran it all by yourself!? You're are one determined person though, so I totally expected you to pull through. Great time too! I love your brown hair, and cute running outfit. Your little Brilee is getting so big, and is so cute. See you in August!

Tori said...

I mean, see you in July!

Tori said...

Hooray for Topeka too! You're only like 4 hours from Heidi and Dan too! We'll have to do a big Thanksgiving together or something. Yeah!!!

Rhett and Tiffanie Jackson said...

you a my hero! I really do look up to you and all your dedication and commitment!you are amazing. good job! also....brian! way to be a good and suportive husband! awesome! love you guys and hope to see you soon. I know we are going to come to Ogden this summer and hang out....just not sure when!

Marek said...

Congratulations Leah! Woot woot! Don't think I'll ever build up the guts to do one. :)